Hello. My name is Dan Misener.1 Here a few things about me:
- I married Jenna
- I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Now I split my time between Toronto, ON, and Lunenburg, NS.
- I’m the co-founder of Bumper, a podcast growth agency.
- For ten years, I was a public radio staffer at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. I then spent six years as a story producer and head of audience development at Pacific Content. Now I’m working on something new.
- I started a reading series and podcast called Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids.
- I’ve taught audio storytelling in the RTA School of Media program at Ryerson University, the Munk School of Global Affairs, and the Dalla Lana School of Public Health,
- I was in a rock and roll band called The Canaries. Now I’m in a rock and roll band called The Sweat.
- Along with my pal Tristan, I produced a video podcast called Jim Dupree: Enthusiast. That led to a television series called HoTTT TopiXXX.
My last name is often misspelled Meisner, Misner, Misener, Misenar, Misenor, Mizner, Mizener, Meisnar, Meissner, Mizenur, Mizenar, or Mysener. ↩