Hello. My name is Dan Misener.1 Here a few things about me:
- I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Now I live in Toronto, Ontario with my wife, Jenna.
- I’m a podcast and radio producer.
- I’m a story producer and head of audience development at Pacific Content.
- For ten years, I was a public radio staffer at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Now I freelance there sometimes.
- I started a reading series and podcast called Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids.
- I teach audio production in the RTA School of Media at Ryerson University and the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto.
- I was in a rock and roll band called The Canaries. Now I’m in a rock and roll band called The Sweat.
- Along with my pal Tristan, I produced a video podcast called Jim Dupree: Enthusiast. That led to a television series called HoTTT TopiXXX.
- My last name is often misspelled Misner, Misener, Misenar, Misenor, Mizner, Mizener, Meisner, Meisnar, Meissner, Mizenur, Mizenar, or Mysener. ↩